Do you dream of leaving the borders of your own country behind, getting away from the usual environment to get to know another country, to experience the local life and work and to get acquainted with other cultures? If so, then what could be better than packing your things and going off to do an internship or a semester abroad?
However, before you go, a stay abroad should be well planned and prepared. This requires a lot of time and a lot of work. Commitment, flexibility and individual initiative is needed. Particularly important: plan in time! You should start preparing at least a year in advance.
The International Office can help you with that. It can give you advice on all of the ways you can go abroad while studying, for example:
- Study for one or two semesters at another university,
- Complete an internship,
- Visit a language course,
- Do casual work during the holidays, or
- Write your thesis.
Even after graduation, graduates have diverse possibilities to see the world in the form of additional / postgraduate studies or international projects.
The International Office supports students in planning their trip abroad by offering the following services:
- Guidance in finding a suitable internship placement or an appropriate university abroad
- IAESTE internship opportunities
- Giving addresses of language schools abroad and suppliers of language trips
- Tips for diverse applications
- Advice on financing possibilities
- Information on entry formalities, travel insurance and everything else that is necessary or useful to know