Please be awarethat all courses are taught in German, and a B2 level German language certificate is a prerequisite to be admitted for this Master program.
The Faculty of Technology at the West Coast University of Applied Sciences is offering a three semester Master’s program in “Automation Technology”. The enrolment can be done for both the summer and winter semester at the West Coast University of Applied Sciences. The third semester is reserved for the writing of the Master’s thesis. It is usually carried out in close cooperation with an industrial partner and supported by the West Coast University of Applied Sciences. Following the successful completion of the study program, the graduate student is awarded the internationally recognised "Master of Science (M.Sc.)" with 90 credit points.
The Master’s program "Automation Technology" aims to train graduates from relevant technical engineering bachelor programs and turn them into highly skilled automation engineers in the course of a three-semester training. Sub-goals are
- The imparting of solid theoretical knowledge and practical skills in key technical automation disciplines of information extraction and use (sensor/actuator), information processing by modern control and regulation processes in microcomputer based automation systems, the transfer of information by means of modern communication technology resources and computer aided design through the use of CAD tools.
- The transmission of knowledge and skills for the creation of holistic solutions for automation technology tasks (system integration)
- The ability to collaborate with engineers and employees from the same or other disciplines, to carry out project and quality management, to take economic and social aspects into account in the development of modern automation solutions, and to lead a team.
Possible applications exist in
- Internationally active companies that design automated production facilities, commission production lines, optimise them, and monitor them as well as in corresponding engineering companies and suppliers
- Companies that develop, manufacture and sell components and systems for automated equipment
- Companies with development teams for innovative automation technological methods, academic institutions, research teams and engineering offices
- Companies in the field of software development for automation technology (e.g. visualisation, information transfer in and between automation systems, manufacturing execution systems)
- Selected organisations in the service sector, especially at system integrators, and
- In the public service.
The study program is accredited by ASIIN.
|Degree:||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Standard length of course:||3 semesters|
|Begin:||Summer- and Winter semester|
|Application by:||15th January/31th August|
|Semester contribution:||€ 75.00|
|Accredited until:||2028 (ASIIN)|