|Application deadline:||15th July 2020|
|Begin of course:||31st August 2020|
|Length of course:||Until May 2021 (fulltime program)|
|Entry requirements:||- University entrance qualification|
- German skills on the level B1 CERF
- refugee background
|Language exams:||- telc Deutsch B2|
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
|Application form:||Application form Download|
|Further Information (Germany only):||Flyer Download / Richtlinie Download|
The preparatory course takes two semesters and prepares you for studying in Germany by improving your German skills and giving insight into the student life in our university of applied sciences.
During the preparatory, course you will participate in the two language exams telc B2 and telc C1 Hochschule, whereby telc C1 is recognised by most universities in Germany as proof of language proficiency.
- C1 examination recognized for university admission
- Intensive preparation for the language exams
- Dedicated lecturers
- Assistance and support with academic and social problems
- Interesting information events and workshops (e.g. application workshop, IT workshop, study guidance)
- Insight into the student life at Fachhochschule Westküste – West Coast University of Applied Sciences
- Easy transition to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Comprehensive advice on our courses of study in the field of economics and technology
How to apply fort the preparatory course for refugees:
- Fill in application form
- Collect all necessary documents, copy them and get them certified
- Hand in all documents in a certified copy as well as in a certified German or English translation in person until July 15th 2020 or send them via post to:
Digitally submitted applications cannot be considered.
- For applicants without proof of language skills: participation in the language test at Fachhochschule Westküste – West Coast University of Applied Sciences on July 13th 2020 (pre-registration necessary)
- Probably in mid-August you will receive a reply on whether you have been accepted
Following documents are needed:
- Signed application form
- Passport or other proof of identity (e.g. refugee identity card)
- Proof of current residence status
- CV including educational biography
- Secondary school leaving certificate and/or
- Proof that you passed the entrance examination at another university (if available) and/or
- Official certificates from universities/colleges previously attended and/or
- Other proof of enrollment in course of study (e. g. transcript of records, student ID, record of study) and/or
- TestAS results (mandatory in conjunction with an application for special cases if school leaving certificates or university certificates are unavailable) with a value of at least 95, both in the TestAS core test and the subject-specific module.
- Proof of language skills on the level B1 CERF
All documents must be translated into German or English, and the copies need to be certified. Please do not submit original certificates or school/university reports.
Please contact us if any of the required certificates have been lost on your way to Germany. We are pleased to advise you on the possibilities of a plausibility check for refugees with missing documents.
If you have assistance from another person and you want to enable this person to direct questions or an application on your behalf, you must send the team of the international office a power of attorney, in which you authorize this person. This needs to be done in written form.
You have fled for humanitarian or political reasons and would like to begin or continue your studies in Germany? We will be happy to advise and support you.
We give advice on the following topics:
- Admission requirements for studies at Fachhochschule Westküste – West Coast University of Applied Sciences
- Study opportunities with your previous degrees
- Possibilities for admission to studies in case of missing certificates due to flight
- Advice on how to apply for our preparatory course for refugees
- Advice on the recognition of existing academic certificates
Please feel free to make an appointment with us by phone or e-mail and we will help you to clarify your questions. You will find the contact details in the info box on the right.
Brief overview of the entry requirements:
- University education entrance qualification
- Recognised language certificate (usually C1, further information)
- If applying for a postgraduate course: completed undergraduate degree
You will find detailed information about the entry requirements further down on this page.
Please note that there may also be additional requirements depending on the course of study. Therefore, please inform yourself about the respective requirements on the pages of our study programs.
- B.A. Business Administration (BWL)
- B.A. Business Administration - Trial Model (BWL-TM)
- B.Sc. Electronics / Information Technology (E/I)
- B.A. Real Estate Business Studies
- B.A. International Tourism Management (ITM)
- B.Sc. Management and Technology (MuT)
- B.Eng. Environmentally Friendly Building Management Systems (UGS)
- B.A. Business Psychology (WiPsy)
- LL.B. Economics and Law (WiR)
- M.Sc. Automation Technology (AT)
- M.A. Business Psychology
- M.Sc. Green Energy (GE)
- M.Sc Industrial Engineering – Digital Economy
- M.A. International Tourism Management (ITM)
- M.Sc. Microelectronic Systems (MeS)
Applicants with a refugee-background are asked to prove at first, if they are able to apply with the regular documents for applicants with non-German school or university careers (Link: https://en.fh-westkueste.de/international/incoming-students/international-applicants/).
Please do not send us original certificates, as rejected applications will be destroyed!
If certificates of the regular requirements for applicants with non-German school or university careers are missing due to the escape, applicants with a flight-background, who stay in Germany with a political asylum or a right of residence according to § 25 Absatz 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 2 Alternative 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 2 Alternative 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 3 AufenthaltsG, § 22 Sätze 1 and 2 AufenhaltsG, § 23 Absätze 1 and 2 AufenhaltsG, § 24 AufenthaltsG, § 25 AsylVfG or § 60a AufenthaltsG, hand in the following documents in a certified copy as well as in a certified German or English translation for a „Plausibilitätsprüfung“ according to paragraph 1 until 3 of the “Erlass des Ministeriums für Soziales, Gesundheit, Wissenschaft und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holsteins“ (Decree of the Ministry for Health, Welfare, Science and Gender Equality of Schleswig-Holstein) dated the 29th June 2016:
a) Curriculum Vitae in tabular form with your complete educational biography (Periods of time, cities, schools, universites etc.) and
b) School leaving certificate, which gives you the right to study in the home country, including a list of subjects with grades, and/ or
c) Certificate of a passed university entrance exam and/ or
d) Student card and/ or
e) Study record and/ or
f) Transcripts of records and/ or
g) Other documents, which gives you the right to study in the home country
h) A certified copy of your residence permit
If the right to study cannot be proved by sufficient documents according the above mentioned „Plausibilitätsprüfung“, the following documents in a certified copy as well as in a certified German or English translation are accepted for declaratory proceedings (Feststellungsverfahren) according to Absatz 4 of the “Erlass des Ministeriums für Soziales, Gesundheit, Wissenschaft und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holsteins“ (Decree of the Ministry for Health, Welfare, Science and Gender Equality of Schleswig-Holstein) dated the 29th June 2016:
- TestAS certificate with a default value of a minimum of 95 points at the main test, as well as at the study-specific test, or
- Certificate of the so-called "Feststellungsprüfung" (final exam of a Studienkolleg) or
- Professional qualifications by a sufficient apprenticeship from the home country, which is officially accepted in Germany and gives you the right to study without a high-school leaving exam
Regardless of these certificates, the necessary language skills for each study programme have also additionally to be proved!