The work we do is diverse and international. The International Office operates in the foreground and the background to help you gain international experience as a student of the West Coast University of Applied Sciences or as an exchange student or international intern. We have an open ear and try to help as much as we are able to.
Our service includes:
- Advising students about the possibilities, prerequisites and financing of a stay abroad (e.g. "Students on the roll "),
- Advising foreign students about the possibilities, prerequisites and financing of studies at the FHW,
- Care and support of foreign students at the FHW in cooperation with the International Office of the Student Council,
- Proposals and organisation of semester abroad places at the FHW’s partner universities
- Financing and organisation of international events, management and administration of scholarship programmes (ERASMUS, PROMOS, STIBET, Welcome, Integra),
- Checking applications for international internships and scholarship applications
- Presentations and information events in preparation for the semester or internship abroad,
- Maintenance and provision of informational material in English and German,
- Membership of IAESTE, in order to be able to offer our students internships abroad.
Behind the scenes:
- Evaluation of all foreign certificate from applicants that visited a school or university abroad,
- Welcoming and preparing guest students for their stay at the FHW,
- Trouble shooting when intercultural difficulties arise,
- Financial support of our employees and professors during visits to ERASMUS partner universities,
- Organisation and support of extra-curricular language courses,
- Supporting the HR department in the evaluation of foreign qualifications,
- Updating information offered concerning the semester abroad,
- Maintenance and administration of the contact to our partner universities.
You will find us on campus in the building 1.2 in room 0.033 and 0.034.
Our office hours are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9.45 am to 12.00 am or by arrangement.
West Coast University of Applied Sciences