|Brief information on German preparatory course for refugees
|15th May 2024
|Begin of course:
|26th August 2024
|Length of course:
|Until November 2024 (part-time)
|- University entrance qualification
- German skills on level B1 or B2
- Refugee background
|20 per class
|- telc Deutsch B2
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
Propädeutikum (B2-Modul) / Propädeutikum (C1-Modul)
The preparatory courses starting in August 2024 are level B2 /C1 German intensive language courses. They prepare you for studying in Germany by improving your German skills and giving insight into the student life in our University of Applied Sciences.
The preparatory course will end with the participation in the German language exam telc B2 or telc C1 Hochschule, whereby telc C1 Hochschule is recognised by most universities in Germany as proof of language proficiency.
- Intensive preparation for the language exams
- Dedicated lecturers
- Assistance and support with academic and social problems
- Interesting information events and workshops (e.g. application workshop, IT workshop, study guidance)
- Insight into the student life at Fachhochschule Westküste – West Coast University of Applied Sciences
- Easy transition to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Comprehensive advice on our courses of study in the field of economics and technology
How to apply fort the preparatory course for refugees:
- Fill in application form Propädeutikum (B2-Modul) oder Propädeutikum (C1-Modul)
- Collect all necessary documents,
- Hand in copies of all documents as well as in an official German or English translation until May 15th 2024. DO NOT HAND IN ORIGINALS, ONLY COPIES!
Please send your application: international(at)fh-westkueste.de
- At the end of May, you will receive a notification on whether you will be invited to one of our language assessment tests.
- In the beginning of August, we will notify you about the results of the application process.
Following documents are needed:
- Signed application form Propädeutikum (B2-Modul) oder Propädeutikum (C1-Modul)
- Passport or other proof of identity (e.g. refugee identity card)
- Proof of current residence status
- CV including educational biography
- Secondary school leaving certificate and/or
- Proof that you passed the entrance examination at another university (if available) and/or
- Official certificates from universities/colleges previously attended and/or
- Other proof of enrollment in course of study (e. g. transcript of records, student ID, record of study) and/or
- TestAS results (mandatory in conjunction with an application for special cases if school leaving certificates or university certificates are unavailable) with a value of at least 95, both in the TestAS core test and the subject-specific module.
- Proof of language skills on the B1 (B2 course) or B2 level (C1 course)
All documents must be translated into German or English, and the copies need to be certified. Please do not submit original certificates or school/university reports.
Please contact us if any of the required certificates have been lost on your way to Germany. We are pleased to advise you on the possibilities of a plausibility check for refugees with missing documents.
If you have assistance from another person and you want to enable this person to direct questions or an application on your behalf, you must send the team of the international office a power of attorney, in which you authorize this person. This needs to be done in written form.
You have fled for humanitarian or political reasons and would like to begin or continue your studies in Germany? We will be happy to advise and support you.
We give advice on the following topics:
- Admission requirements for studies at Fachhochschule Westküste – West Coast University of Applied Sciences
- Study opportunities with your previous degrees
- Possibilities for admission to studies in case of missing certificates due to flight
- Advice on how to apply for our preparatory course for refugees
- Advice on the recognition of existing academic certificates
Please feel free to make an appointment with us by phone or e-mail and we will help you to clarify your questions. You will find the contact details in the info box on the right.
Brief overview of the entry requirements:
- University education entrance qualification
- Recognised language certificate (usually C1, further information)
- If applying for a postgraduate course: completed undergraduate degree
You will find detailed information about the entry requirements further down on this page.
Please note that there may also be additional requirements depending on the course of study. Therefore, please inform yourself about the respective requirements on the pages of our study programs.
- B.A. Business Administration (BWL)
- B.A. Business Administration - Trial Model (BWL-TM)
- B.Sc. Electronics / Information Technology (E/I)
- B.A. Real Estate Business Studies
- B.A. International Tourism Management (ITM)
- B.Sc. Management and Technology (MuT)
- B.Eng. Green Building Systems (GBS)
- B.A. Business Psychology (WiPsy)
- LL.B. Economics and Law (WiR)
Applicants with a refugee-background are asked to prove at first, if they are able to apply with the regular documents for applicants with non-German school or university careers (Link: https://en.fh-westkueste.de/international/incoming-students/international-applicants/).
Please do not send us original certificates, as rejected applications will be destroyed!
If certificates of the regular requirements for applicants with non-German school or university careers are missing due to the escape, applicants with a flight-background, who stay in Germany with a political asylum or a right of residence according to § 25 Absatz 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 2 Alternative 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 2 Alternative 1 AufenthaltsG, § 25 Absatz 3 AufenthaltsG, § 22 Sätze 1 and 2 AufenhaltsG, § 23 Absätze 1 and 2 AufenhaltsG, § 24 AufenthaltsG, § 25 AsylVfG or § 60a AufenthaltsG, hand in the following documents in a certified copy as well as in a certified German or English translation for a „Plausibilitätsprüfung“ according to paragraph 1 until 3 of the “Erlass des Ministeriums für Soziales, Gesundheit, Wissenschaft und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holsteins“ (Decree of the Ministry for Health, Welfare, Science and Gender Equality of Schleswig-Holstein) dated the 29th June 2016:
a) Curriculum Vitae in tabular form with your complete educational biography (Periods of time, cities, schools, universites etc.) and
b) School leaving certificate, which gives you the right to study in the home country, including a list of subjects with grades, and/ or
c) Certificate of a passed university entrance exam and/ or
d) Student card and/ or
e) Study record and/ or
f) Transcripts of records and/ or
g) Other documents, which gives you the right to study in the home country
h) A certified copy of your residence permit
If the right to study cannot be proved by sufficient documents according the above mentioned „Plausibilitätsprüfung“, the following documents in a certified copy as well as in a certified German or English translation are accepted for declaratory proceedings (Feststellungsverfahren) according to Absatz 4 of the “Erlass des Ministeriums für Soziales, Gesundheit, Wissenschaft und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holsteins“ (Decree of the Ministry for Health, Welfare, Science and Gender Equality of Schleswig-Holstein) dated the 29th June 2016:
- TestAS certificate with a default value of a minimum of 95 points at the main test, as well as at the study-specific test, or
- Certificate of the so-called "Feststellungsprüfung" (final exam of a Studienkolleg) or
- Professional qualifications by a sufficient apprenticeship from the home country, which is officially accepted in Germany and gives you the right to study without a high-school leaving exam
Regardless of these certificates, the necessary language skills for each study programme have also additionally to be proved!