The Germany Scholarship is open to especially talented students that have very good results at school and/or university. However, the scholarship may also be given to voluntary work, for example in political parties, associations, clubs, charitable institutions or the university.
A Germany Scholarship is income independent and will not count against the BaföG. Those that successfully compete for one of the scholarships receive support to the amount of 300 euros per month for the duration of the funding (at least two semesters). This money does not have to be repaid. Half of the financing comes from the federal government, the other half is provided by sponsors such as small and large businesses, foundations and private individuals.
The special feature of the Germany Scholarship is the targeted promotion of selected students, who are then able to focus on their education and simultaneously make contacts for their future careers. Private donors can build contacts with particularly talented and dedicated students.
Further information about the Germany Scholarship is also available on the official webpage of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research: www.deutschlandstipendium.de.
Participation in the Germany Scholarship also offers companies, institutions or individuals a lot of chances. Those who support talented and top performing students at the West Coast University of Applied Science together with the federal government, are strengthening their regional networks at the local level and are assuming responsibility for education and young skilled workers. The advantages are apparent:
- You are supporting top performing young talent. You are thereby giving back a little of what you received in the course of your education.
- With only 150 euros a month, you are giving a scholarship of 300 euros a month. Of course, smaller amounts are also welcome. Then the private share of the grant is put together with the contributions from several sponsors.
- You can select which discipline or what type of degree course your grant will be awarded to. As part of your provision of the funding, you can make agreements with the university about what is important for you.
- You make contact with the top executives of tomorrow: In addition to financial support, you can also make ideal offers (e.g. internships or further education events) and thereby awaken their interest in your company.
- You solidify your own role in the regional network – with the West Coast University of Applied Science and the recipients of the scholarship.
- As a general rule, your donations are tax deductible. With your support within the framework of the Germany Scholarship, you are making a visible statement that has an effect.
Further information about the process, deadlines and the selection process for the Germany Scholarship can be obtained from the Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the West Coast University of Applied Science.
We thank the sponsors of the Germany Scholarship 2016 at the West Coast UAS:
Alfaref GmbH Heide
Entwicklungsgesellschaft Brunsbüttel mbH, Brunsbüttel:
- Brunsbüttel Ports GmbH, Brunsbüttel
- Kernkraftwerk Brunsbüttel GmbH & Co. oHG, Brunsbüttel
- Raffinerie Heide GmbH, Hemmingstedt
- TOTAL Bitumen Deutschland GmbH, Brunsbüttel
- Yara Brunsbüttel GmbH, Büttel
Fiehn-Stiftung der Stadt Rendsburg
Förderforum Fachhochschule Westküste e.V.