Hello and a warm welcome from the ITM student’s office
Thank you very much for your interest in our Master’s programme in International Tourism Management. In the following you will find information concerning the application process and our requirements (section I and II), as well as information regarding e.g. the semester start, living costs and tuition fees (Section III).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your ITM Team
Here you will find the application form for the master programme.
(All rights reserved. No claim as to the completeness or accuracy. In case of uncertainty, the German version shall be used.)
Prerequisites for admission to the International Tourism Management Master’s Programme:
1) Admission to the Masters Program is possible for those who have acquired their Bachelor Degree in ITM at the West Coast University of Applied Sciences with an overall average grade of 2.5 or better or have either acquired a diploma or bachelor degree in a tourism related subject (Economics, Ecology, Spatial Sciences, History, Communication or Media Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Methodology/Statistics, Cultural Studies) at a University, University of Applied Sciences or comparable tertiary institution within the jurisdiction of the Framework Act for Higher Education with an overall average grade of 2.5 or better. Applicants who do not have a tourism study background have to prove at least 20 credits in tourism related subjects or 10 credits in tourism and 10 credits in economics/business. Tourism related subjects are such subjects as represented in the International Tourism Management Bachelor program. ECTS gained through internships are inadmissable. Applicants who do not have a tourism or business degree have to pass a special course in tourism and/or respectively business in the first semester. In this case, admission will take place with reservation.
If English is not the applicants native language or the first degree course was not conducted in English, proof of English ability in the form of a minimum level of B2 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) in an international language certificate must be provided. Only certificates with the following grades will be accepted:
- Paper Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT) with at least 567 points
- Internet Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) with at least 87 points
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with at least Level 6
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with at least 52 points
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with at least 785 points
- University Certificate (UNIcert) with at least Level 3
- Business Language Testing System Service (BULATS) with at least 68 points
(3) Probationary study is possible for those who have less than 20 but more than 10 credits or an equivalent amount of course work in a tourism related subject and in business/ economics courses (e.g.: business administration, economics etc.). Students have to attend and to pass an exam in the course "Introductory Tourism” (preparatory course in tourism) and/or the course "Introductory Business Administration" (preparatory course in business administration).
(4) Studying on trial is possible if:
(a) the student has not acquired a university diploma or bachelor degree in a subject related to tourism (economics, ecology, spatial sciences, history, communication or media studies, psychology, sociology, methodology/ statistics, cultural studies) at a university, university of applied sciences or a comparable tertiary institution within the jurisdiction of the Framework Act for Higher Education with an overall grade of 2.5 or better and,
(b) has worked at least 3 years for a touristic company or a touristic institution in a position of responsibility with, e.g., budget and/or staff responsibility which can be proven by letters of reference and,
(c) an adequate knowledge of the English language as laid out in section 2 can be proven.
Further information regarding studying on trial is given in §10.
(5) Sections 1 to 4 are applicable for all graduates from foreign universities with recognized equivalent degrees. The Bachelor degree has to be passed with at least 180 credits.
More information concerning the application procedure and the study program can be found in our FAQ. Please read it carefully.
For more information, please contact the ITM students’ office:
+49 481 8555-507
+49 481 8555-121
Dipl. Kffr. (FH) Patricia Thaden
Dorothee Schröder, B.A.
Melanie Belitz, B.A.
For general information about our study programmes, please feel free to request additional information material. Just fill out this form.
Ms Klatte is also available for all questions concerning applications and admissions:
Student Advisory Service /Admissions
+49 (0) 481 8555-141
+49 (0) 481 8555-555